17th April 2024
School Members Only
Buy with Tokens for Individual Members
17th April 2024 at 1:30pm
FREE (1 per school)
1:30pm - 4:00pm
A half-day course where practical strategies for teaching reading comprehension using Literary Leaves will be explored.
This half-day course will –
- Ensure teachers understand the progression of reading comprehension within the National Curriculum
- Identify how to create the conditions for creating 'critical readers'
- Model high-quality questioning and explore how recording reading work can be used to show understanding of text for assessment
- Identify a sequence for teaching reading comprehension that can be applied to fiction, poetry and non-fiction
- Model activities that could be used as part of a whole class approach to reading
- Identify teacher subject knowledge of reading requirements from years 2 to 6
Participants will receive –
- All materials by WeTransfer and the Zoom code prior to the workshop
“Brilliant book suggestions and creative ways to teach comprehension”
Sarah Pickard, All Saints Primary School
We regret that we are not able to refund bookings cancelled within 5 working days of the training date. Please see our cancellation policy for further information.
Teaching Reading Comprehension using Literary Leaves
17th April 2024 @ 1:30pm
Training Location Address:
This course is for school memberships only. Only a school's admin user can book this place.